About ASCIA anaphylaxis e-training for health professionals
ASCIA anaphylaxis e-training for health professionals (AATHP) has been developed by the Australasian Society of Clinical Immunology and Allergy (ASCIA) to provide ready access to reliable anaphylaxis education throughout Australia and New Zealand at no charge.
Development of ASCIA anaphylaxis e-training for health professionals has included an extensive review process involving ASCIA members and representatives from other medical organisations.
- Updated information about adrenaline autoinjectors.
- Updated ASCIA Action Plans
- Inclusion of an Advanced Acute Management of Anaphylaxis module.
- Amendments to terminology to ensure consistency with revised ASCIA Action Plans and other ASCIA health professional training resources.
- A username and password must be obtained from the health professionals e-training website registration process to participate in a course.
- The course comprises eight modules presented via SCORMs which ideally should be completed in order.
- Modules 1-7 have evaluations that allow you to monitor your understanding.
- The overall course assessment and certificate is provided in Module 8 where final assessment is undertaken for Modules 1-7.
- You can undertake this course at your own pace.
- For each individual module the program remembers the last screen access* of the module so that when you re-enter the module you will go straight to where you left off previously, but only if you use the Quit button on exiting.
- To obtain a Certificate of Completion for ASCIA anaphylaxis e-training for health professionals a result of 80% or higher is required for the Final Assessment in Module 8. If this result is not obtained on the first attempt, you may reattempt the assessment after reviewing the course content.
- When the Certificate of Completion screen appears you should print (or print to a file such as PDF) and on the paper copy sign for your own record.
*Loss of Internet connection may disrupt this process.