About ASCIA Anaphylaxis refresher e-training for health professionals
ASCIA Anaphylaxis refresher e-training for health professionals has been developed by ASCIA to provide accessible, consistent and evidence-based training for medical practitioners and other health professionals in Australia and New Zealand at no charge.
This course is suitable for Medical Practitioners
(including GPs, Paediatricians and Physicians), Nurse Practitioners and Nurses,
Pharmacists, Dietitians and other allied healthcare professionals.
This course should be used to upskill or as interim refresher training. It does not replace the comprehensive ASCIA Anaphylaxis e-training courses for health professionals, which take around 1.5 hours to complete and include detailed modules about epidemiology, diagnosis, acute management of anaphylaxis and allergy to stings and bites.
This course is part of an education project that has received funding from the Australian Government, Department of Health, since July 2022. ASCIA also acknowledges other supporters of ASCIA education initiatives.
The learning outcomes for this course are:
1. Differentiate between a mild to moderate allergic reaction and anaphylaxis.
2. Outline acute management for mild or moderate allergic reactions and anaphylaxis.
- A username and password must be obtained from the health professionals e-training website registration process to participate in a course.
- The course comprises four modules which ideally should be completed in order.
- There is a Pre-test to allow you to assess your starting knowledge.
- The overall course assessment and certificate is provided in Module 4 where final assessment is undertaken for Modules 1-3.
- You can undertake this course at your own pace.
- To obtain a Certificate of Completion for ASCIA Anaphylaxis refresher e-training for health professionals a result of 100% is required for the Assessment in Module 4 and Evaluation must also be completed. If the 1005 result is not obtained on the first attempt, you may reattempt the assessment after reviewing the course content.
- The Certificate of Completion is available as PDF for you to save or print for your own record.