About ASCIA Anaphylaxis e-training for health professionals
ASCIA Anaphylaxis e-training for health professionals has been developed by ASCIA to provide accessible, consistent and evidence-based training for medical practitioners and other health professionals in Australia and New Zealand at no charge. ASCIA anaphylaxis e-training for health professionals has been updated in October 2021 (version 8.0) to include:
- Updated and new ASCIA Action and First Aid Plans.
- New infographics and animations to make the training more visual and interactive.
- Instructions for two brands of adrenaline (epinephrine) injectors, EpiPen® and Anapen® .
ASCIA gratefully acknowledges all of the generous supporters of ASCIA education resources, as listed on the ASCIA website https://www.allergy.org.au/about-ascia/sponsors
The learning outcomes for this course are:
- Differentiate between a mild to moderate allergic reaction and anaphylaxis.
- Review diagnosis of allergy and risk of anaphylaxis.
- Outline acute management for mild or moderate allergic reactions and anaphylaxis
- A username and password must be obtained from the health professionals e-training website registration process to participate in a course.
- The course comprises nine modules which ideally should be completed in order.
- Modules 1-7 have evaluations that allow you to monitor your understanding.
- The overall course assessment and certificate is provided in Module 8 where final assessment is undertaken for Modules 1-7.
- You can undertake this course at your own pace.
- To obtain a Certificate of Completion for ASCIA anaphylaxis e-training for health professionals a result of 100% is required for the Assessment in Module 8. If this result is not obtained on the first attempt, you may reattempt the assessment after reviewing the course content.
- The Certificate of Completion is available as PDF for you to save or print for your own record.