About ASCIA Food allergy e-training for health professionals
ASCIA food allergy e-training for health professionals has been developed by ASCIA to provide accessible, consistent and evidence-based training for medical practitioners and other health professionals in Australia and New Zealand at no charge. ASCIA food allergy e-training for health professionals has been updated in November 2021.
This course is part of an
education project that has received funding from the Australian Government,
Department of Health, since July 2022. ASCIA also
supporters of ASCIA education initiatives.
The learning outcomes for this course are:
- Differentiate between food allergy and other adverse reactions to foods, including food intolerances.
- Understand the role of medical practitioners and dietitians in the diagnosis and management of food allergy.
- Identify appropriate specialised formula choices for infants with food allergy.
Launched 30 November 2021.
- A username and password must be obtained from the health professionals e-training website registration process to participate in a course.
- You can undertake this course at your own pace.
- To obtain a Certificate of
Completion for ASCIA food allergy e-training for Health Professionals a
result of 90% or higher is required for the final assessment in Module
6 as well as completion of Evaluation. If the required result is not obtained on the first attempt, you may
reattempt the assessment after reviewing the course content.
- Each module may be reviewed.
- The module quiz results do not form part of the final assessment but similar questions may be included.
- The Final Assessment may be reattempted.