About ASCIA Food allergy e-training for health professionals
ASCIA food allergy e-training for health professionals has been developed by ASCIA to provide accessible, consistent and evidence-based training for medical practitioners and other health professionals in Australia and New Zealand at no charge. ASCIA food allergy e-training for health professionals has been updated in November 2021.
This course has received support from the National Allergy Strategy and ASCIA gratefully acknowledges all of the generous supporters of ASCIA education resources, as listed on the ASCIA website https://www.allergy.org.au/about-ascia/sponsors
The learning outcomes for this course are:
- Differentiate between food allergy and other adverse reactions to foods, including food intolerances.
- Understand the role of medical practitioners and dietitians in the diagnosis and management of food allergy.
- Identify appropriate specialised formula choices for infants with food allergy.
Launched 30 November 2021.
- A username and password must be obtained from the health professionals e-training website registration process to participate in a course.
- You can undertake this course at your own pace.
- To obtain a Certificate of
Completion for ASCIA food allergy e-training for Health Professionals a
result of 90% or higher is required for the final assessment in Module
6. If this result is not obtained on the first attempt, you may
reattempt the assessment after reviewing the course content.
- Each module may be reviewed.
- The module quiz results do not form part of the final assessment but similar questions may be included.
- The Final Assessment may be reattempted.
Last modified: Wednesday, 23 March 2022, 4:38 PM