About ASCIA Allergen immunotherapy e-training for health professionals
ASCIA Allergen immunotherapy e-training for health professionals has been developed by ASCIA to provide accessible, consistent and evidence-based training for medical practitioners and other health professionals in Australia and New Zealand at no charge. ASCIA Allergen immunotherapy e-training for health professionals has been updated in May 2022
ASCIA gratefully acknowledges all of the generous supporters of ASCIA education resources, as listed on the ASCIA website https://www.allergy.org.au/about-ascia/sponsors
- Recognise which patients are likely to benefit from aeroallergen or venom immunotherapy.
- Understand when to consider referring patients to a specialist for aeroallergen or venom immunotherapy.
- Identify available options for aeroallergen and venom immunotherapy.
- Know how to safely administer subcutaneous and sublingual immunotherapy.
This course is suitable for medical practitioners (including GPs, paediatricians and physicians), pharmacists, nurse practitioners, nurses, dietitians and other healthcare professionals
Launched May 2022.
- A username and password must be obtained from the health professionals e-training website registration process to participate in a course.
- You can undertake this course at your own pace.
- To obtain a Certificate of
Completion for ASCIA Allergen immunotherapy e-training for health professionals a
result of 80% or higher is required for the final assessment in Module
6. If this result is not obtained on the first attempt, you may
reattempt the assessment after reviewing the course content.
- Each module may be reviewed.
- The module quiz results do not form part of the final assessment but similar questions may be included.
- The Final Assessment may be reattempted.